Click on the images below to learn more about language expectations and download the domain or level specific Student Self-Assessment Checklists documents.
I can participate with ease and confidence in conversations on familiar topics. I can usually talk about events and experiences in various time frames. I can usually describe people, places, and things. I can handle social interactions in everyday situations, sometimes even when there is an unexpected complication.
I can exchange information related to areas of mutual interest.
· I can ask for and provide information about specific events.
· I can ask for and provide information about a hobby or lifestyle, such as bicycling, vegetarianism, video games, or sports.
· I can ask for and provide descriptions of places I know and also places I would like to visit.
· I can talk about my family history.
· I can talk about jobs and career plans.
I can use my language to do a task that requires multiple steps.
· I can give the basic rules of a game or sport and answer questions about them.
· I can ask for, follow, and give instructions for preparing food.
· I can ask for and follow directions to get from one place to another.
· I can tell someone how to access information online.
· I can explain basic rules, policies, or laws that affect us and answer questions about them.
I can use my language to handle a situation that may have a complication.
· I can arrange for a make-up exam or reschedule an appointment.
· I can return an item I have purchased to a store.
· I can plan an outing with a group of friends.