Click on the images below to learn more about language expectations and download the domain or level specific Student Self-Assessment Checklists documents.
I can communicate on very familiar topics using a variety of words and phrases that I have practiced and memorized.
I can greet and leave people in a polite way.
· I can say hello and goodbye to someone my age or younger.
· I can say hello and goodbye to my teacher, professor, or supervisor. I can say hello and goodbye to an adult.
· I can say hello and goodbye to a person I do not know.
I can introduce myself and others.
· I can introduce myself and provide basic personal information.
· I can introduce someone else. I can respond to an introduction.
I can answer a variety of simple questions.
· I can answer questions about what I like and dislike.
· I can answer questions about what I am doing and what I did.
· I can answer questions about where I’m going or where I went.
· I can answer questions about something I have learned.
I can make some simple statements in a conversation.
· I can tell someone what I am doing.
· I can say where I went. I can say whom I am going to see.
· I can express a positive reaction, such as “Great!”
I can ask some simple questions.
· I can ask who, what, when, where questions.
· I can ask questions about something that I am learning.
I can communicate basic information about myself and people I know.
· I can say my name and ask someone’s name.
· I can say or write something about the members of my family and ask about someone’s family.
· I can say or write something about friends and classmates or co-workers.
I can communicate some basic information about my everyday life.
· I can give times, dates, and weather information.
· I can talk about what I eat, learn, and do.
· I can talk about places I know. I can ask and understand how much something costs.
· I can tell someone the time and location of a community event.