In today’s global marketplace, it is important for students to acquire the interdisciplinary skills they need to be globally competent and competitive. The International Skills Diploma Seal is awarded to graduating high school students who complete an international education curriculum and engage in extracurricular activities and experiences that foster the achievement of global competencies. It is a signal to employers and higher education institutions that a student is prepared to participate in the global economy.
- Campbell High School
- Kennesaw Mountain High School
- McEachern High School
- North Cobb High School
- Pope High School
- Sprayberry High School
- Walton High School
- At least three credits in the same world language and/or ESOL
- At least four credits in courses determined to have an international focus, such as international economics, world/non-US history, world geography, etc. ISDS Approved Courses 2017.pdf
- At least four extracurricular activities and experiences with global themes and/or in global contexts (e.g., exchange programs, international and language clubs, travel abroad)
- Twenty hours of community service involving a global/cross-cultural public service project
- Capstone presentation on the knowledge gained in the courses and activities listed above
After your school has evaluated the credentials of interested candidates, use the link below to download the file to report the list of qualifying candidates to GaDoE.
Click HERE for a Georgia DOE list of Frequently Asked Questions