Cobb County's World Languages Department is excited to be able to sponsor teachers to attend the Southern Conference on Language Teaching (SCOLT) conference this upcoming year. SCOLT is our regional organization and represents varios states within the southern US.
Please see the information below and complete the form if you are interested in attending:
- Number of attendees will depend on available funding.
- Teachers must submit their application by Friday, January 24, 2020
- Approved Teachers will receive confirmation approval on Monday, January 27, 2020.
- Approved teachers must complete the registration process on their own (March 1, 2020 is the end of Early bird registration $175).
- Approved teachers will be reimbursed for conference expenses (registration, workshops, substitute, and lodging).
- Teachers will be asked to share information from the conference with other teachers during our pre-planning meeting in July 2020.
The conference dates are as follow:
- Wenesday (after school) travel to Mobile, Alabama
- Thursday, March 26th (if attending workshops)
- Friday, March 27th
- Saturday, March 28th
- Saturday afternoon - Return to Atlanta.
For more information on the SCOLT Conference go to: https://www.scolt.org/conferences/