"The Center for Advanced Language Proficiency Education and Research (CALPER) is one of a small number of Title VI Language Resource Centers funded by the U.S. Department of Education. Established through its first grant award in 2002, CALPER has focused on supporting language education through
- developing innovative teaching materials,
- expanding language learning assessment procedures,
- conducting critical research to inform teaching practice,
- creating extensive online professional development resources, and
- offering intensive institutes and workshops for language educators.
CALPER received a new award from the U.S. Department of Education in October 2014 and with support from the College of the Liberal Arts will continue operation at The Pennsylvania State University."