Click on the images below to learn more about language expectations and download the domain or level specific Student Self-Assessment Checklists documents.
I can present information on most familiar topics using a series of simple sentences.
I can talk about people, activities, events, and experiences.
· I can describe the physical appearance of a friend or family member.
· I can describe another person’s personality.
· I can describe a school or workplace.
· I can describe a famous place.
· I can describe a place I have visited or want to visit.
· I can present my ideas about something I have learned.
I can express my needs and wants.
· I can describe what I need for school or work.
· I can talk about what I want or need to do each day.
I can present information on plans, instructions, and directions.
· I can explain the rules of a game.
· I can give multi-step instructions for preparing a recipe.
· I can describe what my plans are for the weekend.
· I can describe what my summer plans are.
· I can describe holiday or vacation plans.
· I can describe what is needed for a holiday or a celebration.
· I can describe what I plan to do next in my life.
I can present songs, short skits, or dramatic readings.
· I can retell a children’s story.
· I can present a proverb, poem, or nursery rhyme.
· I can participate in a performance of a skit or a scene from a play.
I can express my preferences on topics of interest.
· I can give a presentation about a movie or television show that I like.
· I can give a presentation about a famous athlete, celebrity, or historical figure.
· I can express my thoughts about a current event I have
· learned about or researched