Click on the images below to learn more about language expectations and download the domain or level specific Student Self-Assessment Checklists documents.
I can participate in conversations on familiar topics using sentences and series of sentences. I can handle short social interactions in everyday situations by asking and answering a variety of questions. I can usually say what I want to say about myself and my
I can start, maintain, and end a conversation on a variety of familiar topics.
· I can be the first to start a conversation.
· I can ask for information, details, and explanations during a conversation.
· I can bring a conversation to a close.
· I can interview someone for a project or a publication.
I can talk about my daily activities and personal preferences.
· I can talk about my daily routine.
· I can talk about my interests and hobbies.
· I can give reasons for my preferences.
· I can give some information about activities I did.
· I can give some information about something I plan to do.
· I can talk about my favorite music, movies, and sports.
I can use my language to handle tasks related to my personal needs.
· I can request services, such as repair for a phone, computer, or car.
· I can schedule an appointment.
· I can inquire about membership in an organization or club.
I can exchange information about subjects of special interest to me.
· I can talk about artists from other countries.
· I can talk about historical events.
· I can talk about a mathematics, technology, or science project.